Basic Requirements for Slope Protection & Reinforcement
With increase of population and exploitation of land resources, slope problem has become one of three global geological disasters, ranking with earthquake and volcano. Owing to slope instability, collapse, landslide and debris flow brought massive loss for people’s life and property, slope stability problem becomes more and more prominent. It involves excavation slope of high-rise building, road slope, railway slope, hydropower engineering slope and mining engineering slope.
So, during engineering construction, slope protection and reinforcement should be strengthened to ensure engineering quality and rate of progress.
1. According to local climatic environment, engineering geology and construction materials, engineering types or comprehensive measures should be adjusted to ensure stability of highway subgrade. If necessary, slope protective engineering measures should not be canceled or decreased.
2. Under poor climate and hydrological condition, as for rock slope or loess slope with silt, fine sand or easy to be weathered, it should be protected in time after earth and rock construction.
3. As for scour protection, generally at sections of small water flow rate or weak flow destructive effect, paving stone, pannier and precast slab to protect subgrade side slope along river.
4. Slope protection generally doesn’t consider lateral pressure of slope stratum, so it demands protective slope should have enough stability.
5. As for high and steep protective structures, when design and construction, safety facilities should be set to be checked and maintained.
With progress of times and improvement of technology, self drilling ground anchor is more and more used for supporting slope, which has played important effect for Slope Protection and Reinforcement.